Difference between AIR COOLED & WATER COOLED
The refrigeration system in ice machines has to be cooled during operations because of the heat that is generated during the mechanical process. These are the two types: Air Cooled or Water Cooled
1 Good-Uses less water- It is cooled by a fan
2 Good-Better for environment
3 Bad-Has a tendency to heat the room where it is located more than water cooled
4 Bad-Little noisier than water cooled
5 Good-Most popular
1 Good-Quieter than air cooled
2 Good-More energy efficient
3 Good-Does not raise room temperature
4 Bad-Cost for water cooled is in some cases higher
5 Bad-A lot more water is used which some consider to be a waste
6 Bad-Water bill is higher
7 Bad-Water filtration systems have to be changed more frequently because of water usage
Convenient, sanitary, user-friendly dispensing
• Labor-saving, sanitary automatic load
• Lever dispensing standard
• Quick shut-off reduces the amount of wasted ice
• High-quality Chewblet compressed nugget ice is slow melting, easy to chew
• Clear chute ensures sanitary delivery and focuses ice cleanly into cups, pitchers, carafes, ice bags
SensorSAFE™ accessory offers even more sanitation and convenience
• Infrared sensing eliminates container to dispenser contact, reduces chance of cross-contamination
• Easy, one-hand filling of containers
• Attractive graphics direct users to actuation zone
Space-saving, attractive design
• 21" (534mm) width requires less space than competitive models of similar capacity
• Zero side clearance required for ventilation
• Softly-rounded European styling
• High-quality stainless steel exterior with plastic trim
• Attractive, user-friendly graphics
Environmentally-friendly Maestro icemakers
• State-of-the-art R404A icemaker automatically loads dispenser with 400 lbs (181kg) of ice each day
• Stainless steel evaporator and auger
• Energy-efficient; no costly defrost cycles or high waste water
• Quiet production; no noisy harvest cycles
• Satellite-fill™ icemakers can be located up to 20 feet (6m) from dispenser; remove heat, noise and bulk from customer area
• SensorSAFE actuation (standard on wall mount models)
• Chilled water option (item# AFH20CHIL2550)
• Water filter kit (item# 00130229)
• Base stand (for models 50CT400A/W, C/E50CT400A/W) (item# AF50BASESTD)
• SafeCLEAN™ environmentally-responsible ice machine cleaner (item# 00132001)
• Slide-out track for Satellite-fill icemakers
(item# AFGSLIDER400A (air-cooled icemakers) and item# AFGSLIDER400W (water-cooled icemakers))
• Drain pan assembly for wall mount models
Wall Mount Models
• Deduct 3.625" (92mm) from height shown
• Add .5" (13mm) to depth shown
• Wall mount bracket standard
• SensorSAFE standard
• No drain pan. Drain pan available – contact factory
Connections Utilities connect through back or bottom. Back entry shown. Supplied 2" (51mm) duct and louver must be installed for undercounter Satellite-fill icemaker installations.
• Models with integral icemakers – 6" (153mm) at top for ventilation, 12" (305mm) recommended for service • Models with Satellite-fill icemakers – 12" (305mm) at top recommended for service
• See Dispenser Detail Sheet, form# 2075, for important installation information
Standard electrical – 115V, 60Hz, 1 phase. Icemaker 11 amps, dispenser 4 amps. Cord and plug provided with each icemaker and dispenser. If local code requires hard-wiring, separate disconnects also required. Satellite-fill icemaker models require separate circuits for icemaker and dispenser.
Alternate electrical – 220V, 60Hz, 1 phase, 6.5 amps (icemaker 5 amps). 230V, 50Hz, 1 phase, 6.5 amps (icemaker 5 amps). Cord only provided with each icemaker and dispenser.Wire in accordance with all local codes.
Plug configuration – 7 ft (2.1m) cord and NEMA 5-20 hospital-grade plug provided with each dispenser. 220V/230V models, cord only.
Approximate Shipping Weight
C/E/50CT400A/W 295 lbs (134kg)
C/E/50CR400A/W 250 lbs (113kg)
C/E/50HT400A/W 310 lbs (141kg)
C/E/50HR400A/W 295 lbs (134kg)
Online charges for shipping are the approximate charges not the final shipping charge.
For Large Appliances above 80 pounds the shipping rates may vary depending upon state.
Due to the size and weight of this product, this product does not qualify for In-home Delivery. It will be shipped via Curbside Drop off Freight service.
Make sure to open the packaging and fully inspect inside of the shipment for any concealed damages, before signing for delivery receipt. Damages on the outer carton are a dead giveaway.